Sunday, December 16, 2007

Check Another Thing off the "To Do" List!

Since sleeping isn't working out so well right now, here's the latest update on the paperwork for my visa:

I signed two copies of my contract, which are now ready to be sent back to the school once I get everything else ready. Liberty has sent an e-mail confirming that my diploma order has been processed, which I am hoping means that they intend to mail out said diplomas very soon, if not already. I already have the necessary transcripts. I got my fingerprints done on Thursday (as I already mentioned). Today I typed up a very polite cover letter for the FBI, sent Dad to the bank for a certified check, and had Dad mail the packet to the FBI, via priority mail. Extra postage, but well worth it.

I got my paycheck earlier this week, so once I deposit it, I'll be putting another $150 into my savings account for Korea. On top of what I have already, I will now have 2/3 of the money I wanted to go over with saved. Which means I should be able to bring over a lot more money than I had counted on, since I still have almost nine weeks until I leave. Security! :)

On the good news front, I also am almost over my sinus infection, which is making this whole process so much easier and less stressful (I had been feeling, shall we say, a "bit" tense).

There is still so much left to do, and so little time. I still need to make appointments with two doctors, a dentist, and the gal who does my hair. I need to get a year's supply of all my meds, fill out my health form, get all the paperwork apostilled, get a flu shot, check to see if I need any vaccinations, and get both my room and car thoroughly cleaned out. In addition, I have to figure out what I need to purchase here and purchase it, and figure out what things to pack and locate them. On a more somber note, I also need to write out my will, just in case. Of course, I still have a few debts to pay off, too (I don't want to leave my parents with any added responsibility should anything happen to me). It's a lot to do, and I'm working full time on top of it.

All in all, I am going to be a very busy girl for the next several weeks.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Hey Stephanie!
so... Febuary? you're skipping my birthday... ssiiiggghh...LOL!
it's ok... this is cooler! lol!
I like your blog! it's pretty SNAZY!
ok... well... I shall pray for you mucho!
luv ya!
-A Friend's little bro!

"Passage—immediate passage! the blood burns in my veins! Away, O soul! hoist instantly the anchor!
Cut the hawsers—haul out—shake out every sail!
Have we not stood here like trees in the ground long enough?
Have we not grovell’d here long enough, eating and drinking like mere brutes?
Have we not darken’d and dazed ourselves with books long enough?

Sail forth! steer for the deep waters only!
Reckless, O soul, exploring, I with thee, and thou with me;
For we are bound where mariner has not yet dared to go, And we will risk the ship, ourselves and all.

O my brave soul!
O farther, farther sail!
O daring joy, but safe! Are they not all the seas of God?
O farther, farther, farther sail!"

~Walt Whitman, "Passage to India"